Here’s a GREAT sounding recipe to help you eat all those delicious tomatoes we’ve been getting. Especially the big bags of seconds, ugly tomatoes may just taste better.
|Roasted Curried Tomatoes with Fried Paneer and Rice|
Recipe type: Vegetarian Main Course
Author: Erin Alderson
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons good quality curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-10 1/2″ paneer cubes
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- Parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and roughly chop the onion and red pepper. Toss with 1-2 tablespoons curry powder and 1 tablespoons olive oil. Place on a covered baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes. Tomatoes should be soft and beginning to brown.
- In a medium pot, cover rice with water (like you were boiling pasta). Bring to a boil and continue to cook until rice is tender, 30-35 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, add olive oil. Toss in paneer cubes and roughly cook on each side until lightly brown.
- To serve, toss together rice, tomatoes, and paneer. Sprinkle with parsley.